Hit Stop on the music player before begining videos.

Friday, June 10, 2011

My Journey has just begun...

On June 8th 2011 I had my Vertical Sleeve surgery done. The surgery went well. I had to stay over night for observation. I was so uncomfortable there but it had to be done so they were sure my surgery went well. I had to do a swallow test the same day as surgery and everything checked out good. I was able to begin clear liquids after I passed the swallow test. I could only handle one Popsicle, ice chips, and sips of water. It's very weird...I can actually feel when the liquid hits my stomach. I get a small cramp every time. I'm hoping this will go away but I'm not sure if my stomach will always be sensitive like this. I came home on the 9th. I was very happy to sleep in my own bed and to see the kids. They were all very worried and excited to have me home. I had to give myself a shot today and will have to do this for the next 10 days. It's a blood thinner to make sure I don't get any clots. I was kind of worried about that but did just fine. I am slowly able to take more liquids in. I even tried to drink a cup of a protein shake today. My favorite combination is a Popsicle dipped in ice water.

No comments: