Hit Stop on the music player before begining videos.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A week Post Op


Well...today it has been a week since my Vertical Sleeve surgery. My highest weight was 278 when I started this whole process. My pre-surgery weight was 263.6. Now, a week later my weight is 258.6. I've been doing pretty well for this past week. Yesterday was my hardest day. I was very emotional and sore. They say that it is normal to have the weight loss blues because of all the changes that are going on in my body. But, it doesn't make those days any easier. My eating has changed drastically. I wouldn't even call it eating anymore. I get about 8 ounces of a protein shake which is spread throughout the day. I can get about 1 to 2 ounces of soup and then sips of low calorie liquids. My vitamin takes about 5 mins to eat. I split that into 3's and chew very carefully and swallow and wait a minute an then do it again. I know...it sounds very weird but I don't want to throw it up. Now, with all this craziness it's really weird how much energy I have. I'm only getting maybe 300 calories but I go to sleep between 11 and midnight and then I'm wide awake at like 7:30am. I try to take naps like I always did and I just lie there. This is very weird for me because I have always been a sleeper. I loved sleeping! I have so much energy that I just don't know what to do with it. Tomorrow I get to check in with the doctor and see where I go from there. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: